Well today is day 2 of weaning. We've had 2 nap times and 2 bedtimes without nursing. Although she woke up last night and was super upset about the lack of booby.
Aside from the obvious bittersweet feelings that I'm having, it was really hard not to just give her what she wanted! Especially at 1:30 in the morning! I don't know how to console a baby in the middle of the night without breastfeeding! So this is really a learning experience for me too.
Of course Matt is super supportive and reminds me that I'm doing a great job and we'll get through this with flying colors, just like everything else. It really helped me put things in perspective. This is temporary and will be over soon enough!
It's taken 2 days, but I'm finally engorged and a little uncomfortable. It really just lets me know, she really wasn't even nursing that much anyway, so it was time. I imagine by tomorrow or the next day, it will be gone all together.
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment