Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lupron day 20 Estrace day 8

Well it's been 20 fast days already! Every day at 7 am I take pills and at 7 pm I do an injection and take pills.

It's really a breeze. But every time I get out the meds and the syringes etc, with it comes the excitement and anticipation, as well as the fear and stress! Which is then quickly followed by more excitement and anticipation. LOL its a vicious cycle i tell you!

We're now down to 1 week and 4 days until transfer day. Seriously?! Where the heck did the time go?! Now that we're down to crunch time, Matt and I have started talking about this whole 2 embryos vs 3 thing.

You know when we had the initial appointment and the dr told us he recommends transferring all 3, we were surprised that we even had 3 and if that's what the dr recommends, and he is the specialist, duh, go with what he says! But now.... the thought of even the chance of triplets is really daunting. Now to be clear, if all three took, a reduction is just not an option, so we really do need to think about this.

The statistics are 70% with a fresh cycle and 50% with a frozen cycle. So the reason the dr would recommend placing all 3 make sense, so to mention its kind of a, not waste but i cant think of a better term, to transfer 2 and have just 1 single embryo still frozen by itself, since if we were to use it in a later cycle it would be just one at 50%, so the odds aren't great.

So its all such a numbers game and I feel like the ratios and percentages are swimming around my head, and its starting to spin. We haven't made up ours minds yet. I'd like to talk to the nurse and or dr first. But at this very moment I'm leaning towards only doing 2. Of course that really is only good for right now, who knows tomorrow. LOL

Tomorrow is another ultrasound and lab work bright and early in Spokane. Every 5 days. It's weird, but I love all the anticipation I feel on those mornings that i have to get up at 4 to leave at 430 to be to a 7 am appointment in Spokane. Its special to me and reminds me of how much we want this.

***I believe GOD only gives us three answers to our prayers:
1."Yes"
2."Not Yet"
3."I have something better in mind"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh Amanda... you are so awesome! I love those thoughts about prayers! I know you will be blessed in what ever happens! Couldn't be happier for you on this "journey" =)