Monday, August 11, 2008

Chores and Errands and Tasks Oh My!

This morning when I thought about what in the world I was going to blog about this morning, I realized we had a weekend pretty full of events and running around!

Friday

Friday was the Seahawks frist Pre Season game, so of course I was glued to the TV for the evening. Poor Francesca isnt a big fan of football after all the shouting and jumping Matt and I do. LOL After the game, Matt and I went out to his mom's house to visit with Uncle Corey and Aunt Hap. The weather was nice, and we spent the evening outside.

Saturday

Saturday I took my lil sis Kayla for driving practice. Her permit expires in October so she has to get all her driving hours in to take her test before it expires. It was fun! My parents wont go driving with her as she scares the daylights out of them. They've survived 3 other kids getting their license, but it's this one that scares them! LOL Anyway, I thought she did great. I just tried to boost her confidence and stay relaxed. There were a couple tense moments, but I have patience of steel, and handled it pretty well.

After driving, I met with my good friend Jen for lunch and cocktails. I dont know what it is, but everytime I go meet with a friend for "lunch," we end up being there for 3+ hours! LOL But it's always fun to catch up and hang out. Then I did some grocery shopping (whoopie!) and went to pick up Matt after work.

After a quick clean up we picked up some KFC and ran over to Mike & Kyla's for the big UFC fight. Georges St. Pierre vs John Fitch. It was a really good fight! But in the end St. Pierre (my personal fave) won after 5 rounds and by unanimous decision. Oh my gosh, finally to bed!

Sunday

Sunday we slept in and lazed for a while. When we finally got up and around, we really got moving! Matt got to finish the covette he has been working on, and I took all the dogs for walks. Fred and Francesca together, then Big Momma, then Max twice for good measure. Everyone did great. BM was hilarious! by the time we were 50 ft from the house, she had really slowed down and you could hear her nails scraping the sidewalk as she was trying to lift her feet. Poor old girl! Everyone rested well after that!

Then Matt and I hopped in the car and ran to Home Depot to buy a new board for our fence, as the one that was there has officially been obliterated. Apparently the previous renters tried to solve the problem by nails the split board back together. DER..... Yeah so it took a couple good Max jumps and the thing practically flew off. LOL Then out to Brenda's again to fix the lawn mower and put the fence back up.

When we finally got home, we realized our house was looking a little like a war zone. So we worked together and cleaned everything up. Even working together it still took about an hour! whew! Then dinner, then bed finally!

So here we are on Monday. I'll be really thankful for an uneventful evening tonight!

No comments: