Monday, August 18, 2008

I Need a Clone!

Let me just start by saying this weekend was insane.

Thursday night Matt and I went to the ER. Matt had been sick for 3 days with a nasty fever and couldn't breathe. They gave him some meds and an rx and sent us home. Friday morning Matt was worse, so back in we went. He hadn't even taken his bracelet off from the night before! LOL Way to save time! Needless to say, they decided to admit him, and that's kinda what we were hoping for. He was really sick. They plan on keeping him inpatient for 2 whole weeks! It sounds bad, but is ultimately in his best interest to get him as healthy as we can!

All this is going on while I am supposed to be packing for a trip to Boise this weekend for family support. It was really important and my fam was really counting on me. But I was feeling severely torn between going to help or staying with Matt.

In the end, Matt said he was in the right place if he needed help, and he didn't want me to miss being with my family. So I went.

The plan was to try and get out of town by 9 or 10 am. Friday was such a wreck, we didn't end up leaving until 1 pm!

I'll leave out most of the details or it would take me a week to get in all the important stuff. Suffice it to say, every single day of my weekend was packed full of drama/excitement (both good and bad) with family stuff and Matt stuff. I am just realizing today that I am about stressed to the max. Bless Brenda's heart for taking care of my 4 monster dogs, or I would be a total basket case!

I need a weekend off after my weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

goodness! sounds like you have had it...lol. i hope matt has a speedy recovery. i swear in the dictionary when you look up the word family all it says is drama. hope you week at work goes well.