Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby Shopping....

So while Matt and I were in Seattle, we hit up Babies R Us. It was hugemongous to say the least. However, since we have the clothing thing fully covered, our sights were primarily set on bedding sets and toys and any other non-clothing items.

Before we even got to the store, Matt was saying he wanted bright colors, and NOT pale pastels and soft pinks. I agreed, but it really depends on what I find. I just don't like "character" themes or anything TOO cartoony. Ladybugs are fine, flowers are fine, just nothing that looks like it should have its own TV show. ew.

So naturally Matt found a couple that he really liked. What color were they? Soft friggin pastel pink. LOL And characters no less! AAAARRRGG! I on the other hand, didn't find anything I particularly loved. I also have a little shopping habit that drives Matt nuts, usually leading us to no purchases at all. LOL

I put everything in the cart that I want. Then as I continue to shop all around the store, I get to think about whether I ACTUALLY want the item or if it will match, etc... Occasionally pulling an item out to look at it again or compare it to another one. So many times, at the end of the trip, I had put 12 items in the cart, only to keep 2. It's my way of decreasing buyers remorse. LOL

So anyway, I walk back and forth through the bedding aisle, and all through the nursery set ups, so I can get a good look and feel for all the sets, waiting for something to really catch my eye. On my third trip through, poor Matt had enough and decided we weren't buying any bedding and he was ready to be done shopping.

We left Babies R Us with no purchases. Can you believe that? And since then, I cant get Matt to look at any baby items online, and he refuses to go shopping. I may be on my own to set up this nursery. LOL

No comments: