Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July in Seattle

Well we had a great time in Seattle this weekend. We were really lucky that Matt had Friday AND Saturday off, so we could have a nice long weekend.

We stayed with Matt's dad, Mark, which was new for us. There were a couple bumps in that road, but all in all, I feel like our family "relationship" is stronger.

Fireworks were great! We didnt go see any of the "BIG" firework shows, but just one at one of the high schools in Lynnwood. It was still bigger than one I've ever seen here in the TC. They played all sorts of patriotic music in the background, and silly as it sounds, it really bumped up the WOW factor. Lots of fun!

Saturday we all (Matt and I, Mark, and Mark's youngest two kids, Brandon and Shannon) went fishing in Easton. Ok, I didnt fish, they did. But I read a whole book by the ponds, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I couldnt believe we spent 6 hours there! But everyone had fun, so it was totally worth it.

Sunday we all (same gang as above) went down to Pike Street Market. It was awesome! I hadnt been there in over 10 years. We bought lots of food and yummies, and few little trinkets. Generally just a good day.

Monday we had to go to Matt's appointment at UW at 8 am. Well, they also informed us we were supposed to have another appointment at the same time, down the road. So after MapQuesting it, and then hunting all over to no avail, we gave up and went to out regular appointment at UWMC. 3/4 of the way through a overall good check up, we finally figure out the reason we couldnt find the other appt, was because the address doesnt exist! She accidentally gave us the wrong address. DOH! So next time we go up in October, we will know exactly were to go, and the REAL address!

And of course, all of our visits to Seattle are punctuated with a visit with Ryan, and lunch at The Red House. YUM! It's always nice to see old friends.

The drive home was long, but it was oh so nice to be home and see the puppies, as well as get a good night's sleep in our own bed!

It was a great 4 day weekend, and Matt and I both appreciated the break from the norm and the long holiday weekend.

No comments: