Monday, July 14, 2008

A Cleaning Kind of Weekend

I love Saturdays. Matt goes to work at 9 am until 4-5 pm ish. Which then leaves me with the majority of the day to run my personal errands, clean the house without a stinky man underfoot etc...

Well this past Saturday was no exception. Matt and I have been so busy these last few weeks, our house was definitely looking worse for the wear. Ive missed my last, at least 2 that I can think of, Saturdays of cleaning, with just "quick cleaning" during the week.

I spent from 10 am until 5 pm cleaning the house from top to bottom. That was some thorough cleaning, let me tell you! Cleaning "Mechanic Matt" hand prints off all the surfaces of the house was a big job when left for more than a week! LOL

It took me 7 hours, but at the end of the day my house practically sparkled! I do have a couple more task to get done this week before Matt's dad and youngest brother and sister come to visit. Cause no one likes to visit a dirty house and I certainly don't like having visitors when my house is thrashed.

It feels nice to be in a clean house again. Now I just have to wait for the fam!

I'm really looking forward to spending some more time with them. Hopefully the kids will have fun. Our neighbors have kids the same age, and they just got a new pool. So now Kim (our neighbor) is excited too! lol

I hope it all goes as well as I'm picturing it in my head!

No comments: