Monday, July 21, 2008

Wooo! What a Weekend!

So this weekend Matt's dad Mark came down with lil bro Brandon and lil sis Shannon, to see Josh and Shimarie's new baby Mckinsey and little Josh. They stayed with us, since we have 3 extra beds and plenty of room for everyone. I had a great time!

First off, the link to see Miss Mckinsey Ann Elizabeth Gregory! http://www.kadlecfoundation.org/template.php?id=4303. What a doll! She looks just like her mom.

My weekend was full and cooking and entertaining, and I loved every second of it! It's a real rarity that I get to make big "Family Sized" meals, so I had a great time.

Getting to see the kids and Mark in a different environment was great. It really gave us a chance to get to know and appreciate each other better. Building up a special relationship is important to me. I love big families and extending ours makes me happier than I can explain.

Mark has been a real answer to our prayers for starting our own family, and it felt good to show him how much we want it and how prepared we already are. If all goes as planned we will be forever in his debt.

On a lighter note! Luckily, Mark and the kids love dogs (which I hadn't thought of before hand) because we have 4 at our house right now! It was a real Animal House with 5 people, 4 dogs, and how ever many people wandered in and out throughout the weekend! Yikes!

So overall, I have a lot of dishes to do, but it's an easy price to pay for that time with family. I just hope they had as good a time as I did!

No comments: