Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 0 and Day 1...

So yesterday was our retrieval. Everything went fabulously!

Matt's procedure went smoothly. He said that the anticipation was far worse than the actual procedure itself. Thankfully! But he also said that if everyone had to go through this to have children, there would certainly be fewer children in the world! LOL Swimmers looked good too!

Then I was up for my procedure! I believe that we are really blessed to be with such a great IVF team. All the nurses are wonderful, but I happened to have one during my procedure, I didn't even get her name, who was amazing. She was very comforting and soothing, and really made the whole experience for me.

They were able to retrieve 23 eggs!

Today at 815 am I already had received my Day 1 Embryo report! Out of the 23 eggs that were retrieved, 18 were mature, and 14 were fertilized!!

I should practically start my own TLC show! LOL "Matanda plus 14!"

So in another 2 days we should get our Day 3 Embryo report.

Now with every step in the process, some of the sperm/eggs/embryos will not survive. Which is normal and understandable. Usually about 70% make it to the next stage. So far we are above that 70%!

So thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! They're working!

No comments: