Monday, October 20, 2008

First and Second...

Well we made it through our first and second days of injections! I'm not a total hormonal piece of garbage, and Matt still has all his body parts in tact. LOL

Saturday started out a little rocky. OK a lot rocky! I was supposed to get labs drawn at the hospital at 730 am (as soon as they opened). Well unbeknown to me, the hospital lab is no longer open on Saturdays! So I had to go over to another branch, that doesn't open until 8, even though the labs are supposed to be STAT, and be reported to my physician by 11 am! So once I get there, I am informed that out of the 3, one of the labs I need drawn wont be processed until Monday, and another wont be processed until 4 pm.

I decided to have the blood drawn but called my nurse as soon as I got home, to find out if i needed to drive to Spokane to get them done there, since clearly, it wasn't working out well here in town. Luckily she called back within about 45 minutes, and said she was calling the lab to find out what was going on!

She called me back later, only to let me know they still hadn't received my labs, but were going to start my injections anyway. WHEW!

So we started on Saturday at 7 pm. It was great. A little anti climactic compared to the day leading up to the injections, but I'll take anti climactic over real drama any day!

Sunday, we went down to Jackson's to watch the game with our friends Mikey (who is a huge Buccaneers fan) and Kyla. Luckily it was just a few blocks from our house, so I left at half time to run home and do my injections for the night, then ran back just in time for kick off!

So we'll have to see how this evenings shots go! LOL

Tomorrow I go in for ultrasound and labs @ 7 am, and from there the Dr will probably adjust my dosage. I cant believe how fast this month is going!

We are both so excited and blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who care for us so much! We couldn't do it without your support!

No comments: