Thursday, October 23, 2008

news and boring news...

So I went in for another f/u ultrasound on Tuesday to see how my follicles are progressing and growing. The tech over at Kadlec tells me there are 18 follicles on my right ovary, and 15 on the left. WOW! great! That is more than enough, considering the doctor usually likes to have between 15 and 25 eggs! Excellent news!

This morning I drove to Spokane for a 7 am appointment. Yes that means I had to leave my house by 4:30 am. I am beat.

Firstly I was shocked to see the whole waiting room full! I mean I knew there were about 20 other women in my same cycle, but holy cow to see them all there in one room! Once I got back for u/s with Dr. Robins, I was a little surprised to hear him say that there was definitely not that many follicles, and he had no idea what the other tech had been looking at! Wha Wha What?!?!Thankfully they are super quick about getting you in and out. It was slightly reminiscent of cattle herding. LOL I was out of the office by 8:15 am and on my way back to the TC.

So my afternoon was spent in anticipation of my nurse's phone call. So finally around 3 ish, I get the call. They are increasing some of my meds. I asked her about my follicles too, especially after the contradicting information from the tech and Dr. Robins. She said she saw the previous report and images too, and wondered what the heck the other gal was talking about. Turns out I only have 4 follicles on the right and 4 on the left. She said I might have more, but that's all they saw on the quickie u/s they did today.

So I was a little heart and ovary broken. 18 and 15 sounded like a lot, but 4 and 4 sound like not many at all. I guess we'll just be hoping for quality not necessarily quantity. I bought myself a pumpkin shake and am trying to shake the small follicle blues. I'll be back on Saturday and we'll see from there.

I'm noticing the hormones affecting my mood a little more lately. Mostly just making me weepy. I feel great until a sad song or commercial comes on, then I'm done for! LOL

I'm keeping my head up though! Positive thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I'm sorry Amanda! Hang in there--I know it must be so hard, with the hormones not helping!--but all you need is one good egg, right? And you have at least eight :) Everything will be great, I'll keep praying for you. Keep your chin up!!!